1st Infantry Division and Fort Riley Public Affairs (Fort Riley, Kansas)
Public Affairs officers fulfill the Army's obligation to keep the American people and the Army informed. They help establish the conditions that lead to confidence in America's Army and its readiness to conduct operations in peacetime, conflict and war. Army Public Affairs personnel conduct fast-paced, high-pressure news media, community relations and internal information programs around the world.
Mission, Vision, Values for U.S Army Garrison Fort Riley
Through a full spectrum of services and support, provide a superior quality of life to Soldiers, Families, Civilians, and Retirees; enable Warfighters; and collaborate effectively with community partners.
An integrated, learning organization that optimizes capabilities, resources, and partnerships – An Installation of Excellence.
- Respect and Dignity
- Yes to Service
- Public information: The overall goal of PI is to keep external audiences – Central Flint Hills Region community members and leaders, media members and key national audiences – informed. This is done primarily through media relations, community relations and online presence.
a.Media relations: MR requires interns to engage local and national media in order to help tell the Army story. They arrange interviews, write press releases, pitch story ideas and provide escorts for the media.
- Media analysis
- Newspaper clippings
- Media releases
- Media queries
- Media escorts
- Media roll-up
- Develop messages, themes
- CORE uploads
b.Community relations: In CR, interns work with local community members and organizations to increase community awareness and understanding of Army activities and operations.
- CR requests
- Speech writing
- Docent for tours
- Noise complaints
- Training advisories
- Community updates – i.e. News, meetings, etc.
- Regular updates – Facebook, Twitter, Flickr
- HootSuite campaigns
- Live tweeting
- Twitter chats
- Live Facebook chat
- Updating Facebook timeline
- Working with our Instagram account
d.Web – www.riley.army.mil
- Regular web updates
- Web graphic design
- Command Information: The overall goal of CI is to keep internal audiences – Soldiers, family members and civilian employees – informed. Interns may write internal stories for post publications and develop informational programs for distribution.
a.Newspaper – 1st Infantry Division Post
- Write stories
- Edit stories
- Take photos
- Edit photos
- Write briefs
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org