Account executive (Salina, Kansas)
Reports to General Manager
Overview: Sell marketing solutions to prospects and existing clients utilizing on air, online and onsite opportunities to help them grown their business.
• This position will be based in Salina
Attend all required weekly meetings — sales meetings, one-on-one meetings with supervisor and company revenue meeting
• Work minimum of M-F 8-5, plus occasionally attend evening and weekend events
• Meet the weekly required minimum of 25 face-to-face calls with clients and prospects, 5 new business or cold calls and development of 3 sample radio spots
• Maintain work level to achieve 100%+ of monthly goals
• Actively prospect and cold call while servicing and building relationships with existing clients
• Meet daily reporting requirements — either via paper or online system
• Input orders and production requests in a timely manner
• Collect funds from clients to cover ad costs, etc.
• Conduct Client Needs Analysis meetings with clients and prospects to create solutions, events and/or copy
• Research industries and companies for better knowledge when dealing with clients
• Self-driven with need to learn and ability to continue to grow knowledge
• Strong client interaction and client maintenance
• Openness to be involved with community outreach
• Prior sales experience helpful
• Proven experience at meeting goals and developing new business
• Excellent communication skills — verbally and written with ability to present to potential clients in addition to exceptional phone skills
• Experience in successfully multitasking while meeting deadlines
• Adaptability in working with a variety of levels of clients and treat all with respect
• Ability to utilize strong listening skills to create solutions to help clients
• Proficient with MS Office and Internet
• Ability to get to decision makers
• Proven networking skills
• Proven self-starter with ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Professional appearance and able to meeting company dress code per handbook
• Understanding of needed business skills to best represent company
• Able to provide transportation to meet weekly required meetings
• Successful background in negotiation and closing business
• Confident with high energy with excellent time management skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience along with a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, and employee stock ownership plan.
May 28, 2017
Minimum high school degree
Vehicle. 40 hour minimum work week. Computer skills. Copy writing capabilities. Good communicator.
The selected candidate will be require to pass a criminal history background check and motor vehicle check.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and application to:
Eagle Communications, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 817
Hays, KS 67601
Lonnie Smith, General Manager, Eagle Communications
1825 S. Ohio
Salina, KS 67401
Applications available at eaglecom.net