Administrative assistant for director of communications (Topeka, Kansas)
The KNEA Administrative Assistant for the Director of Communications is charged with various regular and other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications as well as functions related to ongoing projects in support of the KNEA Communications and Public Relations program.
Primary ongoing duties
1. Error-free proofreading and light copy editing
2. Maintain and update KNEA digital assets as directed. Some examples include: content managed websites, mobile application interface, messaging interface, e-pub platform, web form system.
3. Graphic design including all aspects of print and digital publication layout as directed and in accordance with program standards. Some examples include: KNEA syndicated publication "Kansas EdTalk," membership materials, promotional materials, advocacy materials, direct mail, administrative materials, booklets, brochures, large print formats, advertising placements, web content, mobile content, digital banners and ads.
4. Coordination with the copy center and/or external print vendors to ensure timely delivery of all print materials upon approval from Director of Communications.
5. Coordination of KNEA niceties/promotions materials including design, ordering production, inventory sales and billing as directed and in accordance with program standards.
6. Maintain files and archives for the Communications and Public Relations program. Some examples include hard-copy files, digital files, indexed notebooks and historical records.
7. Assist as directed with content production, including web/podcast, visual media, and interactive digital content.
8. Coordinate with other program directors and/or assistants as needed to advance and fulfill projects as directed. Some examples include: accessing confidential membership information, mailing lists, contact lists, billing, notification, content acquisition/delivery, membership verification and updating.
9. Act as a liaison between Communications and Public Relations program and UniServ programs for the purpose of troubleshooting communications technologies and assets, project/urgent assistance, production of materials for special projects as directed.
10. Act as a liaison between Communications and Public Relations Director and both media and public facing entities, including coordination and setup of press conferences, delivery of press releases and KNEA position statements, special promotions and events.
11. Fulfill expectations of program administrative assistant, including data entry, answering and returning calls, calendar coordination, front-desk rotation and additional duties as directed.
12. Other duties as assigned by Director of Communications.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume and three references to Sarah Meyer - email@example.com The position will remain opened until filled.