Doctorate in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Application deadline for fall enrollment: Dec. 15
- Master’s degree or equivalent with at least a 3.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate application: Apply online.
- Application fee (nonrefundable): degree-seeking, domestic: $65; degree-seeking, international: $85
- Resume or CV.
- An official transcript of all previous graduate credit, including the master’s degree, sent electronically to Graduate Application Processing Center link. A hard copy is acceptable if the institution cannot send electronic transcripts.
- A copy of the master’s thesis and other examples of research and scholarship, preferably by PDF. Links to online articles are acceptable.
- Candidates will be required to answer a survey in their application related to their research focus area.
- Appropriate references from three persons, including the master’s advisor, if possible.
- International students are required to submit TOEFL scores.
- International students are required to submit evidence of financial support.