The School of Journalism will work on a "rolling application deadline" system.
Application deadlines for early enrollment:
- Spring – Nov. 1
- Fall – Feb. 1
Application deadlines for late enrollment:
- Aug. 1 (Fall late enrollment)
- Jan. 2 (Spring late enrollment)
- May 15 (Summer late enrollment)
- A completed online graduate application.
- An official transcript of all college-level courses from each college or university attended.
- Three letters of reference from persons familiar with the applicant’s abilities. At least one academic reference is preferred and required for those who graduated within the past five years.
- A written, 500-word statement of the applicant’s academic and professional objectives.
- A current résumé.
- Applicants for the Mass Communications program must include two writing samples.
- Applicants for the Integrated Marketing Communications course of study must include three samples of professional work that reflect the applicant’s years of experience.
- Nonrefundable application fee payable online to the University of Kansas.
- International students whose native language is not English also must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language examination scores or International English Language Testing System examination scores.
- International students must submit proof that they have the financial resources to cover annual expenses.