We gratefully recognize the individuals and corporations/foundations who have generously donated $250,000 and above to the University of Kansas William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications.
- Estate of Mary Jane Floersch
- The Freedom Forum
- William Randolph Hearst Foundation
- John S. & James L. Knight Foundation
- Louis L. & Adelaide C. Ward Foundation
- McCormick Foundation
- Malcolm W. Applegate
- Dennis N. Branstiter*
- Hubert M. Floersch, MD*
- Mary Haynes Floersch*
- John P. Kaiser* & Mary S. Kaiser
- Linda Ward O’Hara
- Alice C. & Charles L. Parcell
- Oscar S. Stauffer*
- Keith Swinehart Sr.
- Adelaide C. & Louis L.* Ward
- Helena L.* & Norris S.* Wooldridge
*Indicates the donor is deceased.
This listing is for lifetime donations, not donations made just within the calendar year. This list of donor names is strictly for the purpose of acknowledgement by the School of Journalism. Any other use is unauthorized. Although every effort has been made to ensure the completeness and accuracy of this listing, errors may occur.
Deans Club members are those generous alumni who give back to the William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications with a contribution of $1,000 or more annually.
These contributions are crucial to the success of the J-School and provide unrestricted support for the J-School’s initiatives. Matching gifts from corporations are included as part of Deans Club contributions.
“Without the support of our Deans Club members, we wouldn’t be able to provide the exceptional level of service that students and alumni deserve,” Journalism Dean Ann Brill said.
Deans Club dollars fund special initiatives in the School of Journalism, including:
- Providing funds for student travel
- Hosting special events for students and faculty
- Funding for student and faculty achievement awards
- Recruiting and retaining faculty
- Providing scholarship support for students
- Hosting visiting professionals who speak with students and faculty
- Giving students and faculty the opportunity to take part in special educational programs
Deans Club Giving Levels:
- Ambassador Level: $10,000 and above
- Benefactor Level: $5,000 to $9,999
- Patron Level: $3,000 to $4,999
- Member Level: $1,000 to $2,999
The following are donations made during the period of July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012.
Current Deans Club List
The above list of donor names is strictly for the purpose of acknowledgement by the School of Journalism. Any other use is unauthorized. Although every effort has been made to ensure the completeness and accuracy of this listing, errors may occur.