Assistant creative services director (Fairway, Kansas)
Create advertisers/viewer awareness of KCTV/KSMO's programs and promotions, motivate viewers to watch the station and visit station's website. Manage process and help CSD manage the department work flow and personnel decisions.
April 23, 2017
• Work closely with the CSD to develop/execute powerful topicals and image spots that reflect the direction of the station brands for KCTV and KSMO.
• Produce, supervise and schedule the creation, writing and production of on-air promotions that support projects developed for news, programming sales and community relations.
• Assist sales, marketing and ancillary objectives and artist unit.
• Recruits and retains high performing staff through effective management, evaluations, training and engagement activities.
• Assist news, programming, community affairs and sales in developing advertising, promotion and merchandising projects.
• Manage department assets; assist with external promotional materials/campaigns/CBS.
• Assist in ongoing rollout of local programming.
BA or BS in advertising, marketing or broadcasting required
Three to four years experience in advertising, marketing or promotions. Minimum of two in the television industry required.
Specific knowledge skills and abilities
• Must possess strong advertising, marketing, promotion and broadcast production skills.
• Strong knowledge of broadcast news promotion.
• Creative skills, including graphic design, editing, shooting, etc. are required.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Knowledge of and experience in social media marketing an promotion.
• Ability to create and execute media plans and events.
Travel required (approximate): less than 5 percent
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings