Communications intern (Kansas City, Missouri)
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking — harnessing creativity, technology and culture — to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
As a communications intern, you'll jump right in, contributing great work from day one. You'll work alongside our talented marketing and communications team to help with both internal and external marketing activities. You'll learn what it takes to plan events, develop content, and more for one of the biggest and best global agency networks in the world.
What You'll Be Doing
• Helping create an internal employee enewsletter
• Assisting in event planning and support for internal activities
• Developing content for our internal dashboard
• Helping brainstrom VMLY&R branded items/swag distribution for client guests, etc.
• Monitoring and posting on VMLY&R social channels
• Assisting with external marketing projects, including survey submissions, writing content for VMLY.com, events, media briefings, special projects, content planning, etc.
• Helping with admin support, including tracking and measuring PR; researching and organizing information (editorial, calendars, publication research, survey/ranking research); updating media/contact lists and other VMLY&R databases; and coordinating and uploading VMLYR.com content
Required Skills and Experience
• Junior, senior or nontraditional student in college or recent graduate with coursework or experience in a related field (marketing, communications, journalism)
• Excellent communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail, willingness to ask questions and ability to follow up
• Someone who embraces change
• Passion for learning and abilithy to follow direcdtions
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Highly collaborative team member
Application deadline: Jan. 31, 2010 at 5 p.m. CST
Need assistance? If you require reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request either by fax to 816-817-0976 or by email to email@example.com