Content creation coordinator (Lawrence, Kansas)
Are you a born storyteller? Do you possess a natural charisma that lights up every room you enter? Are you a skilled writer, photographer, videographer and orator?
The Lawrence Humane Society is offering an opportunity to use your unique skillset to offer the animals of northeast Kansas second chances at the homes, health and happiness they deserve!
The Lawrence Humane Society is looking for a take-charge personality to be our first-ever Content Creation Coordinator.
The right applicant for this outstanding opportunity will have a passion for changing and saving the lives of animals, demonstrate proven initiative, and live his/her life with intention and purpose. We are looking for a person who is an idea machine, and can make those ideas come alive!
Our Content Creation Coordinator will help all pets in Lawrence, Douglas County and beyond life their best fur-life by:
• Crafting and hosting a weekly digital newscast aired live on YouTube, Facebook Live and our website
• Designing and developing a monthly digital magazine for our massive list of loyal supporters
• Securing sponsorships for all of our media platforms and vehicles
• Compiling, writing and posting multiple daily stories for our soon-to-be launched website
• Taking ownership of maximizing the potential of our social media platforms
• Managing marketing materials, social media efforts and web content for all our events
• Working with the Lawrence Journal-World, other media outlets and our community partners on shelter stories, features and special projects
• Assisting the Development and Communicaitons team with all department efforts and projects
• Degree in Journalism, Strategic Communications, Public Relations or related field. Degree can be substituted by commensurate experience
• Comfort in front of and behind the camera
• A knack for informative and entertaining writing
• Understanding of social media best practices
• Ability to confidentially ask for sponsorships
• A passion for bettering the lives of animals and your community
To apply for this fulfilling opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Lawrence Humane Society Director of Development and Communications Michael LaFave at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.