Content creator (remote)
Women.com is currently recruiting for our Spring 2016 Internship Program. This is both a paid and a remote internship.
As one of the fastest growing online publications, we are now accepting applications for content creators. We are looking for outstanding writers who are passionate about entertainment, pop culture and lifestyle writing. This position will primarily entail writing viral quizzes (similar to Buzzfeed or Playbuzz).
This is a great opportunity for juniors and seniors to expand their portfolio and have their work viewed by millions of people every month. You will work directly with our editorial staff, creating new content on a weekly basis.
This seasonal position will begin in January and go through May. Writers who successfully complete this program will have the exclusive opportunity to join our team on an ongoing basis as contract writers starting in the summer.
Compensation & Perks:
- Get paid $10 per piece of content published over the course of the semester
- Have your byline and work published on women.com and read by millions of people each month
- Get invaluable insight to the ins and outs of an online publisher
- Add to your resume and portfolio while building your professional network
- Complete your work at your own convenience, working from home on your own time
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must have a strong desire to learn best practices in order to create highly shareable content
- Willing to dedicate a minimum of 5-10 hours a week to content creation (or more, if you desire)
- Ability to meet weekly deadlines throughout the semester-long program, with an opportunity to be hired on as an ongoing contract writer following completion
- Must be organized, attentive to detail, and have exceptional writing and grammar skills
- Junior or Senior with a background in Journalism, Writing, Communications, or Marketing
Do you think you've got what it takes? If so, email us at email@example.com with the subject line "[YOUR SCHOOL HERE] Spring Content Creator" and please include a copy of your resume and a list of 5 potential quiz titles. Below are a few examples of what has gone viral for us recently:
- Can You Answer 22 Questions Every Sound Of Music Fan Should Know?
- Only A Born And Bred New Yorker Can Get 100% On This Test
- Only Someone With An IQ Of 130+ Can Ace This Knowledge Test
- Can You Identify The Top 19 Musicals Of All Time By A Single Lyric?
The deadline for this application is Wednesday, January 18th. We will be in touch with candidates whom we would like to hire on a rolling basis, so feel free to submit your applications earlier.
Contact person: Angie Andera, firstname.lastname@example.org