VML is full of passionate individuals who put everything they are into everything they do. We're a full-service advertising agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection. We’re artists, writers and storytellers. We’re who you find when passion intersects with talent.
At VML our copywriting interns jump right in and start writing and conceptualizing great work for a range of amazing clients. You’ll challenge yourself like never before. You’ll learn more than you’ve ever learned — all by working on real clients and producing published work. You’ll explore your writing through a variety of platforms, including:
- Branded content
- Complete 360-degree advertising campaigns
- Digital experiences and platforms
- Collateral and a full range of other elements
- So how do you know if copywriting is the role for you? If you consider yourself self-motivated, passionate, an ideator obsessed with words; find yourself on Adweek scouring great campaigns; have fun working with other creative people and want to deliver powerful messages by creating them, then you’re definitely VML copywriting material.
So let us check out that book!
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating actual work alongside some of the best creative minds in the business for some of the best brands in the world
- Learning what it’s like to work in the creative department at one of the world’s leading agencies
- Pushing yourself harder than ever creatively
- Adding more great work to your portfolio
- Having a great time
As part of the WPP Group, VML offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business. VML is headquartered in Kansas City.
- A current student or recent graduate from a relevant undergraduate or portfolio school program (Copywriting, Advertising, Communications, Journalism)
- A portfolio of clever, campaign-worthy work strategically hitting all relevant media channels
- Ability to think creatively
- Enthusiasm for creating great creative work
- Solid communication skills
- Team player mentality and a positive attitude
- Ability to jump in and help however you’re needed
- Sense of humor is a big plus
VML is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.