Development internship (Lawrence, Kansas)
This internship is an opportunity to work directly with the Development Director, in an independent school environment, while experiencing various aspects of marketing, fundraising, communications and event planning. This opportunity offers a hands-on experience in non-profit communications work, research, writing skills and project management. Your work directly impacts our school, its donors and board of trustees; therefore, professionalism is expected at all times.
This is an unpaid internship. College credit is available upon request and depending on school eligibility. Must be able to work between 6 – 18 hours per week. Please indicate your fixed schedule availability in your cover letter.
- Write articles and coordinate materials for constituent communications
- Support Development Director with 20th anniversary history project and accompanying events
- Assist with gift processing (data entry, preparing acknowledgments)
- Update and maintain social media presence
- Update components of the school’s website
- General research duties
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Preferred Skills and Relevant Experience
- Organization and attention to detail
- Marketing savvy, creative and forward-thinking
- Junior level, preferably in a related field (e.g., Strategic Communications, Marketing, Advertising)
- Professional writing, editing, proofreading and communication skills
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Google tools, MS Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of website content management and graphic design a plus
Please submit resume, cover letter and two supervisory references. A portfolio is also encouraged.
Contact: Jennifer Godar, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org