Digital content coordinator (Kansas City, Missouri)
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation was established in the mid-1960s by the late entrepreneur and philanthropist Ewing Marion Kauffman. Based in Kansas City, Missouri, the Kauffman Foundation is among the largest foundations in the United States with an asset base of approximately $2 billion.
The Foundation’s vision is to foster "a society of economically independent individuals who are engaged citizens, contributing to the improvement of their communities." In service of this vision, we focus our grant making and operations on two areas—education and entrepreneurship—which our founder, Ewing Kauffman, saw as two ends of a continuum. A quality education is the foundation for self-sufficiency, preparing young people for success in college and in life. Many young adults will work in businesses started by entrepreneurs. Some will become entrepreneurs themselves, providing jobs and wealth for society.
To help individuals attain economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success, consistent with the aspirations of our founder, Ewing Marion Kauffman.
The Digital Content Coordinator aids in the production of the organization’s websites, email newsletters, social media channels and other digital properties. The Digital Content Coordinator will also work closely with the Communications team members to facilitate quality digital publishing of a variety of content targeting our diverse audiences, e.g., marketing communications promoting the Foundation’s work; educational content for entrepreneurs; and special projects. This position approaches problem solving and content execution with creativity and a people-focused mindset in addition to requiring someone who is an enthusiastic team member and is confident in taking ownership of assigned tasks.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Maintain and update the Foundation's websites, including Kauffman.org, entrepreneurship.org, and others, by producing and posting new content, formatting text and images, as well as working to ensure content is updated.
• Serve as primary producer of the Foundation's email newsletters, alerts and event invitations, via our email marketing platform.
• Create banners, promo graphics and other digital assets for use on web pages, in emails and in social media.
• Help with the production of social media content.
• Stay current with trends in digital communications.
Education and experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English or marketing preferred but would consider other degrees combines with equivalent and relevant experience that demonstrates possession of core competencies.
Work experience: At least one year in a hands-on role posting content via digital channels.
Travel: This position may require up to 10 percent business travel.
A successful candidate profile
Qualified candidates for this position must be highly motivated, capable of self-direction, detail oriented and able to work collaboratively in a teamwork capacity. Candidates must exhibit a keen sense of responsibility and enjoy working with multiple demands, shifting priorities and constant change.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Must have excellent organizational skills and attentiveness to detail
• Willingness to learn and apply use of new tools and platforms
• Prior experience working in a content management system (CMS)
• Experience using an email marketing platform
• Familiarity with producing graphics and other content for digital presentation, using the Adobe Suite of design software
• Basic proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and other measurement tools
• Strong HTML skills required. Knowledge of CSS a plus
A competitive compensation package, including base salary and an outstanding benefits package will correspond to the experience level, credentials, and personal characteristics of the candidate.
The Kauffman Foundation firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Send your resume, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org