Digital editor (Des Moines, Iowa)
KCCI is looking for a well-rounded digital editor who will be creating content for its mobile products, social media platforms and website. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multitasker who can edit and create digital content under constant deadline pressure. Come find out why Forbes calls Des Moines the No. 1 best city for young professionals and U.S. News calls Des Moines the No. 11 Best Place to Live in the United States.
• Write, edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the station's website, mobile and social media pages.
• Previous digital editing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP writing skills
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work weekend shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle
• Ability work well in a multitasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
• College degree in journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
To apply, visit careers.hearsttelevision.com