Director of marketing and promotions (Wichita, Kansas)
Accepting applications until position is filled
KPTS is seeking a Director of Marketing with three years experience planning, developing and implementing marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities. More detail is included in the job description below.
If you want to work with an energetic team of forward thinking, innovative people who are inspired to serve our community and clients, consider applying for this position. This a full-time, non-union position.
KPTS is community-licensed and affiliated with Public Broadcast System and operates as a non-profit public media entity
• Responsible in part for negotiating media trades/buys and fully responsible for creating, implementing and measuring success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization's image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications, including publications, media relations, e-newsletters, e-blasts and all digital online platforms.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
• Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print, digital and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, advertisements, etc.
• Responsible for social media activity
• Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communication/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the CEO.
• Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
• Examine market strategies to develop innovative ideas
• Responsible to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and network users to achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap
• Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer
• Negotiates media interviews for the President and CEO and qualified spokespersons of the Organization
• Negotiate speaking engagements for the President and CEO and appropriate staff
• Other responsibilities and duties as required to ensure the growth and to meet the station mission and department goals
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communication and public relations activities
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
• Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector
• Must have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels
• Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
• Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
• Strong strategic, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• PC skills and independent access to PC equipment
Apply now by sending your cover letter, resume and references to either: email@example.com or fax 316.838.8568 or KPTS, 320 W. 21st Street North, Wichita, KS 67203