Director of news (Lincoln, Nebraska)
KOLN/KGIN is looking for its next Director of News. This key management position is located at 1011 News in Lincoln, Nebraska, but also responsible for leading newsrooms in Grand Island, Hastings and North Platte. The TV stations there include KSNB, KNPL, KNOP and KIIT.
• Manage the strategy and big-picture plans for all our newsrooms
• Focus on long-range planning while News Directors and supervisors in each newsroom manage the day-to-day stuff
• Maintain and grow station ratings
• Set goals, expectations and policies for all newsrooms so we have a consistent message across the state (Ex: election coverage, weather coverage)
• Work hand-in-hand with the Digital Director on how we are serving our viewers across all platforms
• Manage budgets and purchases for all stations
• Make final decisions on personnel decisions
• Liaison between news directors in other newsrooms and production
• Represent our network at functions like legislative committee hearings, cameras in courtrooms project, etc.
Job skills and attributes
Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field. Qualified applicant will have experience in running a newsroom and a sound understanding of news department operations, including knowledge of journalism ethics, slander and libel laws. Ability to motivate news personnel, organize information in a detailed manner and excellent skills in dealing with the public and co-workers.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to www.gray.tv.applynow or by email to email@example.com Only if you don't have electronic access, please mail your resume to KOLN/KGIN TV, Attn: Human Resources, 840 North 40th St., Lincoln, NE 68503