Fall strategic marketing and events intern (Lawrence, Kansas)
This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing, communications and event planning. We offer the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in non-profit communications work, professional writing and editing skills, and project management, in a fast-paced environment. Your work directly impacts the LMH Endowment Association senior level management, donors and board members, therefore professionalism is expected at all times.
This is a PAID internship. $12 per hour. Must be able to work between 16-24 hours a week. Please indicate your fixed schedule availability in cover letter.
• Update and maintain social media presence
• Draft news releases, media alerts and other story ideas
• Design flyers, graphics and other marketing material
• Update the organization's website
• General research duties
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be available on 2017 event days, including Penny Jones Golf Tournament on Sept. 8 and Rock the Block on Oct. 27
Qualifications, preferred skills and relevant experience
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms of social media
• Team player who is willing to pitch in and help out
• Junior level, preferably in a related field (English, journalism, marketing/communications, advertising and public relations)
• Professional writing, editing, proofreading and communication skills
• Strong copyediting skills, a strong command of English spelling and grammar; experience with AP style preferred
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired
• Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
• Marketing savvy, creative and forward-thinking
• Organization and attention to detail
Please submit resume, cover letter and three supervisory references. A portfolio is also encouraged.
Contact: Tiffany Hall, Annual Giving Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: Class credit