Because of COVID-19 health and safety precautions, schools and departments at KU will not have in-person recognition ceremonies in the spring of 2021, however KU has scheduled outdoor Commencement ceremonies. KU outdoor Commencement ceremonies in Memorial Stadium are on these dates:
- Class of 2021: May 16
- Class of 2020: May 23
Please follow the KU and School of Journalism and Mass Communications social media channels for more updates about these events and check the KU Commencement website.
- KU has directed all schools not to have any in-person graduation ceremonies, so the J-School is planning a pre-recorded video graduate commemoration that will be posted on the J-School YouTube channel on May 15. The video will remain there all year for viewing anytime.
- See the list of 2021 graduates here.
- Some of our 2021 graduates have submitted senior reflections. You can read their farewell messages here.
- On the day of Commencement, May 16 and May 23, Stauffer-Flint Hall will be open for you and your guests to tour. Also that day, stop by our table at Stauffer-Flint Hall for some special graduation gifts from the J-School!
Questions? If the question is about the KU Commencement ceremony, email email@example.com.
If the question is J-School specific, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations – we look forward to celebrating your achievement!
Recognition messages from May 2020
Please enjoy these video messages from Dean Brill and faculty and staff. Also:
- See the full list of 2020 graduates here.
- Read 2020 senior reflections here.
- Watch alumni messages to the class of 2020 here.