Graphic design intern (remote)
Albatross Ventures is seeking a graphic design intern to support our marketing, branding and business efforts in 2020.
The graphic design intern will support Albatross Ventures' business entities by developing various graphic design and digital projects. As the graphic design intern, your primary role will be to establish lead-generating and brand-building design across websites, social, sales materials and more. Further, this person must aim to create, design and strategize all through the lens of each brand's target audience, ensuring the design inspires action with each audience. With that, the Graphic Design Intern will gain experience designing and strategizing acorss a myriad of industries, including consumer brands, technology and healthcare.
Type of work and essential job functions
• Responsible for translating marketing and sales strategies into original and engaging design across new business ventures, as well as potentially with portfolio partners
• Design innovative and engaging marketing and sales creative for company websites, landing pages, emails, press releases, sales materials, digital, social and printed collateral
• Support blogs, social media, email and additional resources such as one-sheeters and white papers with various graphics and imagery to be used across properties
• Serve as the primary designer on all projects throughout the duration of the internship
Requirements and qualifications for position
• Position open January 2020 through May 2020
• A time commitment/expected weekly hours of 5-10 hours per week
• Deadline to apply: Jan. 6, 2020
• Current student at an accredited university
• Seeking a bachelor's degree in visual communication design, graphic design, journalism or related field required
• Must present a portfolio of work that represents succes in creating visually impactful digital designs and result-focused marketing designs
• Experience designing across sales collateral, marketing materials, digital/web graphics, email campaign design, a plus
• Intermediate skill set and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design technologies is required to be successful in this internship
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and CSM platforms a plus
• Base knowledge of marketing principles and tactics a plus
• Entrepreneurial drive and a passion for creative problem-solving
• Must be resourcesful, high energy, positive and carry an intense curiosity and desire to learn
Adobe Creative Suite
Please email your resume and portfolio link to Hilary Ferguson at email@example.com with the subject line: Graphic Design Internship Application
About Albatross Ventures
Albatgross Ventures began investing 10 years ago in small and early stage business across a myriad of industries, spanning tradtiional venture capital to restaurants to more traditional small business growth capital. Since inception, our focus as a firm has always been to help entrepreneurs by providing flexible capital and other resources to create and grow their businesses. Albatross has made, started and managed over 50 investments that take the form of: minoerity and majority equity, loan guarantees and credit enhancements, and traditional short- and long-term debt vehicles.
With a core team made up of investment management, branding and marketing, and sales backgrounds, we help to build the internal infrastructure of our business partners. Additionally, we utilize a network of advisors and operators from a variety of backgrounds that include Fortune 100 companies, investment bankers, behaviorial psychologists, product managers, and engineers to provide deep and holistic operational support to our portfolio companies. Whether it's strategic help in scaling, building and implementing a marketing campaign, or board governance, we aim to leverage our experience to help enterpreneurs grow their businesses.