Graphic designer (Hays, Kansas)
Do you want to be part of creating a better experience where you live, work and play? Why not grow with a company where you are not just an employee, but where you can be an owner?
Our company: Founded in 1948, Eagle Communications is a Kansas-based media company with 175 employee owners. The company operates 31 radio stations in Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri. In addition to radio, the company offers online solutions, web development, video production and creative services. All for the purpose of supporting the communities we serve to grow and remain vibrant.
Eagle is a leader in the industry as the company continues to grow. We made three acquisitions throughout 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic and continue to invest in our employees and business.
Our digital team is seeking an experienced and self-motivated graphic designer.
Compensation is commensurate with experience along with a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Closing date: Nov. 12, 2021
Skills and qualifications
• Bachelor's degree, associate's degree or certificate, preferably in website design, graphic design or computer science
• An understanding of user experience and interface design
• An understanding of search engine optimization
• An ability to work with consultants and customers well while working toward optimal design and user-friendly functionality as well as SEO performances of websites
Please provide a portfolio of professional and/or personal websites showing the range of sites worked on that demonstrate an understanding of color and design concepts
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Build and check websites, making sure they are coded correctly and that websites align with customer's brand identity
• Monitor user feedback and perform routine updates to website layouts as needed
• Write copy for homepages or individual webpages
• Be responsible for designing the layout of a website and coding different design elements like graphics, drop-down menus, color schemes and category buttons