Intern-carrier sales (Overland Park, Kansas)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for matching freight to third party carriers and their available equipment and gain professional experience and exposure in the field of study.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under direct supervision of a mentor, prospecting of leads, web research, networking and cold calling to build pipeline and strong account management to retain and grow carrier accounts.
• Gain exposure to the business environment.
• Perform tasks
• Properly document orders in the computer.
• Understand and support the goals, policies, and procedures. Maintain confidentiality of company information.
• Quote customers on new lanes when requested.
• Build relationships with customer base. Maintain communications with customers regarding changes in pick-up, delivery schedules, and potential service failures.
• Grade point average 2.75 or better.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service attitude and skills.
• Ability to learn TMS software.
• Demonstrated organizational and scheduling skills.
• Currently enrolled an undergraduate degree
• Experience working in a deadline driven environment.
• Customer service and sales experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
March 28 deadline to apply