Mark your calendars!
The William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications will host J-School Generations on Oct. 20-21, 2016. The School of Journalism invites you to return to campus each fall to re-connect with faculty, students and alumni. You can network with tomorrow’s best and brightest students, reminisce with friends at a reception and celebrate your J-School pride on game day.
Thursday, Oct. 20
- 8 a.m.-noon: Alumni speakers visit classes
- Noon: Hot dog lunch (Clarkson Gallery)
- 1-5 p.m.: Alumni speakers visit classes
- 5:30 p.m.: J-Talk: A TED-style event featuring three J-School alumni speakers (Stauffer-Flint Hall, Room 100)*
- 6:30 p.m.: Alumni reception (Clarkson Gallery)*
*There is no charge for either event, but seating is limited so please RSVP to save your spot at email@example.com.
Friday, Oct. 21**
- 9 a.m.: Trivia/game show with student and alumni teams (Clarkson Gallery)
- 10:30 a.m.: Round-robin networking with students and alumni (Resource Center)
- Noon: Lunch for game show and networking participants (Clarkson Gallery)
- 1:30 p.m.: The Agency will hold a croquet tournament to launch its new venture, Steam Whistle Creative (Stauffer-Flint lawn)
**If you would like to attend these events on Friday, please contact Julie Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend events, win prizes
Students, don't miss this year's J-School Generations! Not only will you get to meet and network with our successful alumni, but you can win cash and prizes, too! Students who attend the J-Talk or participate in the round-robin networking and trivia/game show will get tickets to be entered into a drawing for individual prizes and $750, $500 or $250 for their J-School-affliated student media organization. Create your own team for the trivia/game show contest to represent your student media organization or sign up as an individual. Contact Steve Rottinghaus at email@example.com.
Did you miss J-School Generations last year?
We had a great 2015 J-School Generations event! See some photos from J-School Generations 2015 by visiting our J-School Generations Facebook page. Learn more about how J-School Generations is special for students and alumni in this YouTube video.
Questions? Contact the School of Journalism at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-4755.