J-School Generations 2019
Mark your calendars!
The William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications will host J-School Generations on Oct. 24-25, 2019. The School of Journalism invites all J-School alumni to return to campus each fall during Homecoming Week to re-connect with faculty, students and alumni. You can network with tomorrow’s best and brightest students, reminisce with friends at a reception and celebrate your J-School pride with other alumni.
Thursday, Oct. 24
- 8 a.m.-noon: Invited alumni speakers visit journalism classes
- 12:45-4 p.m.: Career Fair and student-alumni networking, Adams Alumni Center
- 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m.: Trivia/games with student-alumni teams. To sign up for a team, email email@example.com, Adams Alumni Center
- 7 p.m.: Alumni reception, including heavy hors d’oeuvres and drinks, Adams Alumni Center
Friday, Oct. 25
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Adams Alumni Center: Adobe XD Creative Jam is a great opportunity to learn XD (Adobe’s web and app prototyping system) and compete in a design challenge. Our Creative Jam will begin with training by Adobe pros, then a motivational speaker, followed by the project challenge brief (the best part). Alumni will mentor student teams as they compete in the challenge. Don’t worry if you don’t know XD or know design -- a large part of this is understanding project management and how people interact with content -- all of our journalism alumni are experts at that! Student entries will be judged by the Adobe team and prizes will be awarded. It is a short but fun design sprint!
J-School alumni are invited to participate in any or all of the activities. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which events you want to attend or with any questions you might have. We look forward to seeing you!
Did you miss J-School Generations last year?
Questions? Contact the School of Journalism at email@example.com or 785-864-4755.