Kansas City Athletic Communications Intern (Kansas City, Missouri)
The Kansas City Athletic Communications department is Kansas City's only NCAA Division I institution with 16 varsity programs. The department is seeking applicants for unpaid internships (2-4) that can be used for class credit. These positions are for summer, fall and spring semesters.
The candidate must have strong knowledge in:
• Social media platforms
• Writing and copy editing
• Graphic design
• Public relation and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn and have fun
• Serve as primary communications contact with a variety of sports. Duties for this may include weekly writing projects, game-day communication coverage, statistics and some travel.
• Create content (written, graphical) for the department's social and digital media platforms, including the official athletic department website KCRoos.com
• Promote student-athletes for various national, regional and conference awards
• Maintain a variety of sport statistical archieves and records
• Assists in the production of game day programs
• Coordinate professional photography needs, and when required take photographs
• Work with many different types of software integral to a comprehensive communications department such as Genius, Outlook and the Adobe Creative Suite package
• Duration can vary, such as a single semester, ideally these positions are a 9-month appointment, which runs from mid-Auguest (2020) through mid-May (2021). However, we are seeking spring 2020 interns immediately.
• Dependent upon position, weekly office hours vary with some weekend and night work.
• There are potential opportunities to work remotely from your home location
• Submit resume, two writing and/or graphic design samples and three professional references via email to Chad Waller (email@example.com), Director of Athletic Communications
• All candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. All positions will be filled as quickly as possible.