Live events and experiences coordinator (Houston, Texas)
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of 3-5 years in similar roles inclusive of managing teams for executing special events. Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Outlook and Adobe required as well as strong organizational skills. Must be dependable, able to multi-task, focus on details and meet deadlines. Exceptional communication skills required as well as degree in marketing, advertising or a related field or related work experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Partners with Brand Mangers, Event Operations and Engineering to coordinate sales and station promotional activities outside the offices
- Schedules promotional staff and resources necessary for successful events, activations, appearances and remotes
- Builds and maintains event calendar to manage staffing, vehicles and required resources
- Interviews and hires quality part-time individuals for street teams in order to maintain enough staff
- Manages required paperwork for staff to insure established standards compliance and timely compensation
- Supervises the use of station vehicles and provide weekly reporting on issues
- Manages the storage of event materials and resources to reduce damage and wear
- Plans and executes assigned events, promotional activities and special projects
- Coordinates all aspects of events including vehicles and equipment; prizes/giveaways; signage; online elements and the physical appearance of the footprint
- Attend events to manage quality of experience for both clients and listeners
- Develop ways to improve on-site executions and activations
- Secures and/or assign photos, video or other required elements for dynamic recaps
- Supervises and manages street team and/or part time promotional staff while communicating issues
- Looks for opportunities where station(s) may grow in the area of visibility, revenues and community service
- Other external marketing and sales execution functions as assigned by Events Operations Manager and/or Live Events & Experiences Director
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Valid state driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle required.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Apply @ www.cbsradio.com. No phone calls please.