Marketing intern (Lawrence, Kansas)
Pipeline Productions is a multivenue concert promotion company based in Lawrence, which has been bringing best live music to town for more than 30 years. We primarily put on shows at the Bottleneck in Lawrence at CrossroadsKC in Kansas City, with occasional concerts at other venues. We have produced all aspects of music festivals in Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas.
Pipeline Productions is looking for students** who are creative, energetic, dedicated and resourceful with a passion for live music. We are looking for the next generation of music lovers, promoters, visionaries to keep the music scene alive and vibrant.
Our internship program will give the student the opportunity to learn about specific concert marketing strategies through various outlets. He/she will gain knowledge of the music industry and hands-on experience in both digital and traditional marketing. The scheduling of interns can be flexible and adaptable to accommodate students.
Duties of marketing intern may include
• Assist in social media marketing with day-to-day tasks
• Engage in the creative process of marketing specific concerts
• Develop content for social media campaigns promoting upcoming shows
• Coordinate efforts with the artists to maximize audience
• Research and secure new promotional partners
• Design poster art/localize for upcoming shows weekly
• Attend concerts to distribute promotional materials
• Must be a student with a major in a related field
• Student is responsible for getting proper approval from their school's department to gain class credits, usually done as an independent study course
• Possess a strong understanding of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
• Must be highly motivated and a self-starter
• Must be reliable, flexible and communicative with supervisor
• Must work well in a team environment
• Commitment to 10 hours work per week during semester
• Knowledge of MS Office programs, Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Must love music
**Non-student internships are also available