Marketing intern (Overland Park, Kansas)
Internship dates: January-April
Credit: Internship is unpaid and available for class credit.
TLC Marketing Consultants is looking for a talented sales and marketing intern to assist in the areas of public relations, social media, digital media and traditional media platforms. TLC Marketing Consultants works with many clients, including Arthur Bryant's, the Kansas City Repertory Theatre, 810 Sports Talk Radio, NPB Security Management and more. Interns will gain exposure to many of these organizations and work on a variety of sales and marketing projects.
If you have a passion for sales and marketing and the motivation to produce great work, we'd love for you to join our marketing team for this semster-long internship.
The intern will personally deliver specific projects and tasks as requested by the supervisor in an effective and efficient manner for marketing purposes. Duties may include content development, creative/graphic development, content editing and more. A successful candidate must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below:
• Computer access and skills (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Project management skills
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Basic accounting and business skills (may have some simple budget tracking responsibilities)
Hours of work
The internship program can be adjusted to meet the intern's college schedule requirements. However, the preferred intern schedule would be two full days per week. We do require a standard schedule so that we may best mentor and plan intern projects.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint in the MS Office Suite
• High school graduate and currently enrolled in accredited four-year college journalism or business department
• The internship is unpaid and must be taken for college credit
• Must possess a valid driver's license and have valid insurance
Submit resume and cover letter to Kelly Woodward, director of public relations and social media marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org