Marketing internship (Lee's Summit, Missouri)
This is a temporary internship with a duration period of 5-6 weeks for 40 hours a week. The duration may be extended depending on company need and candidate flexibility. This position is Monday – Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some flexibility in starting and/or ending time.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Marketing Intern will support Viracor Eurofins’ marketing department by helping with a special project related to assessing market share and market opportunity by conducting secondary research, analyzing data and communicating key insights. The marketing intern may assist with other marketing tasks as well, and will have project coordination, communication and administrative duties in developing marketing research and/or campaigns. The ideal candidate will be driven, analytical, resourceful and a strong communicator who wants to gain and apply marketing skills, while helping Viracor with our Mission to improve the lives of patients through timely testing, excellence in science and exceptional service. This position will collaborate with the Director of Marketing and other marketing team members to help plan, develop and communicate information, data, and key project insights.
Essential Job Duties:
• Perform market research and analysis using the internet and other applicable resources
• Analyze, organize and segment (e.g. categorize clients and potential clients based on different characteristics) external market data and internal sales data from the Company’s customer relationship management system (CRM), Salesforce.com
• Create reports and/or summarize key data using Microsoft Excel
• Prepare written and/or PowerPoint presentations to communicate key information and insights
• Coordinate and execute all project-related tactics on time and within budget
• Assist with other marketing duties as assigned/required (e.g. potentially assist with direct marketing campaigns and other marketing initiatives)
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High school diploma/GED required
• Current enrollment in a marketing, business, or communications-related Bachelors or Masters degree program required
• Strong desire to learn, along with professional drive
• Creative and analytical thinker
• Collaborative with the ability to work in a team setting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel
• Familiarity or experience with marketing research a plus
• Passion for the marketing function and/or healthcare industry
• Medical or Laboratory knowledge helpful
• Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
• Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
• Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
• Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
Apply online at the Viacore website https://www.viracor-eurofins.com/careers/
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites http://www.viracor-eurofins.com and www.eurofinsus.com. Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.