Master control operator (Des Moines, Iowa)
KCCI has an opening for a master control operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams during overnight hours five nights a week. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, timing them and making sure they all play on air properly.
Closing date: July 20, 2017
• Must have computer and software experience
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus
• Computer literacy is mandatory
• Attention to details is imperative
• Applicant must be able to multitask. Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions.
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
• Ability to learn specialized software applications.
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus
To apply, visit careers.hearsttelevision.com