Mission & Values
The mission of the William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications is to teach students to think critically and creatively while preparing them for careers in journalism, mass communications and related fields and for graduate study.
Adopted by a unanimous vote of the faculty on Sept. 3,1998.
This School values:
- A diverse, collaborative and dynamic student-centered environment
- Excellence in learning, teaching and mentoring
- Free expression and conscientious, ethical journalism as cornerstones of a democratic society
- Critical and creative thinking
- Meaningful research and creative activity
- Imaginative outreach and collaboration on this campus, in this state and in the professions of journalism.
Adopted unanimously by the full faculty on November 7, 1997.