Multimedia anchor/reporter (Topeka, Kansas)
Alpha Media – Topeka is seeking a full-time Multimedia Anchor/Reporter. The ideal candidate is someone who excels in writing, reporting, digital content, video editing, and social media. They must also have a great attitude, an exceptional work ethic, possess excellent communication skills, be comfortable on camera, and understand the meaning of “live and local”.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 51 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Our Topeka cluster of radio stations is the winner of thirteen 2016 Kansas Association of Broadcaster Awards.
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Meet a minimum daily story count.
- Contribute original story ideas unique to both Kansas and the local Topeka area.
- Collaborate with anchors, producers, and the News Director on current events.
- Monitor all news coverage on local television affiliates, local newspapers and local radio competitors.
- Remain up to date with city council meetings, county commissioner meetings, court meetings, and other newsworthy stories.
- Willing and able to be out of the office researching and investigating the news.
- Available to be on-call after normal business hours for breaking news stories.
- Provide photos and video while covering news stories when applicable.
- Post stories to station website and social media sites.
- Anchor newscasts.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a medium to large market radio group.
- Minimum three years newswriting experience.
- Working knowledge of Mervin Block style.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with audio editing software and remote broadcast equipment.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be a team player and work well with management on all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- College degree in related field.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, current air-check, writing samples, and references ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Nan Yates, News Director
1210 SW Executive Drive
Topeka, KS 66615