This paid internship (see details below) provides motivated, hard-working and socially active individuals the opportunity to learn core communication, networking and marketing strategies on an individual level while simultaneously working closely with the local Black Sheep team to help promote our print (in select markets), digital, social and guerrilla marketing platforms. We also offer internship credit and the opportunity to grow within the company!
New Business Development Manager
*Position is paid based on qualified leads + commission for sales that corporate manager closes (not the student); this position does not involve direct sales to local businesses.
- Seek out, approach and build relationships with new potential advertisers around the campus area and gauge their need/interest in marketing to students on campus
- Spread “The Black Sheep love” and get local businesses excited about who we are and what platforms we offer to effectively reach the students
- Gather new business leads and gauge interest of those leads on a local level; serve as a liaison between these businesses and The Black Sheep local and corporate
- Work with our corporate management team for professional mentoring
- Attend weekly team meetings and participate in local events/ sponsorships
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate
- Minimum 10 hrs/ week during 9am-6pm Mon-Fri
- Located on or near campus
- Excellent presentation, communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to WORK HARD and be persistent
- Self-motivated and organized individuals
- Actively involved in campus organizations; socially active in general
- A good sense of humor; MUST love College and The Black Sheep!
- Marketing/ Communications experience preferred
- Transportation preferred