News producer (Des Moines, Iowa)
KCCI has has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer for the morning newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communication the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an experience for viewers.
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors and production staff
• Creative presentation style
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multitask and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field or equivalent work experience
Please visit careers.hearsttelevision.com to apply