News reporter (Lincoln, Nebraska)
1011Now is looking for a driven journalist for the role of general assignment news reporter in our main Lincoln newsroom. You will be an integral part of the top news team in the area, bringing unique local stories, from enterprising ideas to telling polished, effective stories live on-air.
You will need to enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in Lincoln. Track and manage forces and stories within your assigned beat. Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing, and going live as needed. Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the stations website and news apps. Meet tight daily deadlines. Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news.
- On-air experience and a consistent track record of meeting deadlines.
- Ability to shoot and edit video, and effectively communicate live on-air.
- Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape.
- A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with iNews, Avid, TVU, Clickability, Sony ENG, Social Media is a plus.
Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing drug screen and driving record check.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES ELECTRONICALLY
Online to: www.Gray.tv/applynow
Or email your resume to: