News reporter/multimedia journalist (North Platte, Nebraska)
KNOP-TV is looking for a driven journalist for the role of general assignment news reporter in our main North Platte newsroom. You will be an integral part of the top news team in the area, bringing unique local stories, from enterprising ideas to telling polished, effective stories live on-air. You will operate as an MMJ, responsible for finding, shooting, writing and editing your stories from start to finish.
• Enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in the local area
• Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing and going live as needed
• Be a multiplatform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the station's website and news apps
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
• A consistent track record of meeting deadlines
• Familiar with producing and video editing
• Effective live on-air communicator
• A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with ENPS, Avid, TVU, ARC Publishing, Sony ENG, Social Media a plus
KNOP-TV has some of the highest news ratings of any station in the country, and a proud tradition of journalism that goes back more than 60 years. It is a powerful local voice, highlighting the strong community spirit in the region and serving as an advocate and voice for those who need to be heard. The newscast production plays well above the market size with automation, robotic cameras, and cutting-edge graphics, in support of an award-winning staff.
North Platte, Nebraska, is placed perfectly between Denver and Omaha. A rich history with covered wagons and Buffalo Bill's Wild West Shows, tourists make this a destination to experience a step back into those western days and to have leisurely getaways to the white sand beaches of Lake McConaughy or experience local hiking and biking trails.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country -- all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that milions of our neighbors count on every day. We are unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.