Partnerships and events internship (Kansas City, Missouri)
May 2017-September 2017 (with potential for an extension through the first quarter of 2018). Work 20-37.50 hours per week. Ability to work some evenings and weekends. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
This position sits within the Partnerships & Events department. Our interns will split their time supporting both wings of the department — Partnerships and Events. Events support includes assisting with the planning and execution of numerous Visit KC events and meetings, including but no limited to Kansas City Restaurant Week, Downtown Dazzle, the Visitor's Choice Awards. Partnerships support including assistint with partner account management and care, prospecting new partners and assisting with executing partner advertising. The position will also support org-wide merchandising and amenities, including sourcing, inventory tracking and management of ordering processes. The position will also be afforded the opportunity to take on one or more projects and fully own the planning and recommendation on best event management platforms or determining program to honor and appreciate premium partners throughout the year.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Assist with event and partner data management in Visit KC CRM
• Support planning and execution of Visit KC internal and external events, including logistics and event marketing
• Learn Visit KC partnership structure, events and sponsorship levels
• Learn and assist with various Visit KC sponsorship, advertising and partnership sales processes
• Assist in setting meetings, appointment generation and follow-up
• Attend local events to promote Kansas City
• Assist in software data entry
• Participate with outside extranet training
• Support Senior Events Manager and Partnership and Events team as needed
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position is a junior or senior college student or recent graduate pursuing a degree in event management, marketing, business, hospitality, communication or journalism. Overall GPA must meet a 3.5 minimum or higher. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Professional behavior, positive attitude and willingness to learn and do new things are a must.
Aptitude and Attitude
Our team and our work require that we are nimble and flexible to change, can think on our feet and always approach our work with a customer-first mentality. These qualities are vital to thriving in this industry and in this workplace. Any candidate considered for this position must also possess these attributes.
For more information or to submit a resume, contact Janette Barron, human resources manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org