Proposal coordinator (Overland Park, Kansas)
Imagine a place where responsibility is shared equally among all employees. Where leaders are approachable, and the open-door policy is the rule. Where employees are tasked to be innovative and work with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Welcome to Olsson Associates. We see problems as an opportunity for creativity, and we are looking for problem solvers to join our dynamic team. Our firm is organized into small teams to give you a strong sense of accountability and to achieve great results. The dress is business casual, the work environment is pleasant, our unique work hours allow for flexibility, and we have a lot of fun.
You are interested in:
• Managing proposal/interview process
• Working with others
You bring to the team
• Degree in marketing, communications, writing/journalism, or other related major
• 2-5 years of related experience, including proposal writing
• Proficiency with InDesign, Adobe products and Microsoft Office products
• Previous experience with Deltek Vision preferred, but not required
• Ability to contribute and work well on a team and with others
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), listening and project management skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Focus on customer service
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
About the role
As a marketing coordinator with the Overland Park, Kansas, office, you will work closely with technical staff to develop a strategy and coordinate the production of project marketing materials. You will facilitate the go/no go decision process, prepare proposal and interview materials, and lead project specific strategy and kick-off meetings. You will also plan, produce and coordinate a range of other marketing support activities which could include market research, identifying leads, reviewing technical writing, assisting with conferences and client events, and maintaining the marketing database. Excellent writing, editing, communication, coordination, and strategic thinking skills are needed. You also must be able to work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
Olsson Associates is a nationally-recognized, employee-owned engineering and design firm that has been creating public and private projects throughout the United States. We've been around since 1956, and we offer comprehensive design and consulting services in site/civil, transportation, water, environmental, field operations, survey and facilities.
With over 1,000 employees (and growing), nearly 30 offices in seven states and a lengthy list of diverse clients, we believe you are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We seek to hire great people and put them in the right roles for their strengths.
As an Olsson employee, you'll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus these great perks:
• The opportunity to be an owner in the company after your first year through Olsson's ESOP program.
• A great 401(k) match
• A wellness program promoting healthy lifestyles
• A bonus system that rewards performance
Are you in?