Public outreach specialist (Texas)
CBS Radio Texas is seeking an experienced sales professional to develop, strategize, respond and win contracts government public outreach campaigns within county/city agencies/departments and collaborate on existing contract RFPs. Region includes statewide campaigns including the major Metro/DMAs like Dallas, Houston and Austin as well as smaller regions of Texas. Must be willing to work between Dallas, Houston and Austin as appointments and client needs arise. Assets utilized include radio, TV, out of home, digital, events, multi-language and custom campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and maintain government agency relationships at county state and federal levels;
· Develop partnership relationships with advertising agency who are active in the government RFP response channel;
· Ability to work on media strategies and concepts;
· Proven project management skills and detailed documentation;
· The ability to uncover new revenue opportunities, cold call agencies and government contacts;
· Be a “detective” to find the government funding and RFP opportunities;
· Expectations of the candidate will be to grow revenues in the department and assist in management and execution of all campaign elements along with the Government Execution Team.
· Monitor government websites to continually find new opportunities.
· Identify new trends in marketing to enhance campaign proposals and effectiveness.
· These individuals are also held accountable for achieving contract award goals, revenue goals, successful campaign execution, invoicing and collections on the accounts contracted and billed.
· Sales experience is required - Outside and relationship sales experience preferred.
· The successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiations skills.
· Deadline management is critical. Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, excellent writing skills;
· Must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
· Active problem-solving and analytical skills;
· Self-starter, independent worker and problem solver;
· The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage.
· College degree preferred
Apply @ www.cbsradio.com. No phone calls please.