Public relations intern (Dallas, Texas)
Seeking candidates with previous PR internship experience for part-time, paid internship for 2021 fall/winter internship program.
SPM interns must be motivated to learen exceptional media relations, account service and strategy skills, and also equally eager to contribute to our clients' success. SPM interns are "cross-trained" on a variety of accounts and industries, participate in creative brainstorming sessions and learn key skills to launch a career in public relations.
The position is a minimum of 20 hours per week with the potential to increase to 40 hours per week.
Please only apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Dallas based
• College senior or recent graduate with a communications-related major
• At least one prior PR internship
• Self-motivated thinker who can work with a creative team in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
• Experience in social media campaign development/execution and social listening/monitoring
• Responsive to direction and able to share ideas within a group th help move our clients' businesses forward
• Well-versed in AP style and familiar with basic Microsoft Office programs. Familiarity with PR measurement and media research tools, such as Critical Mention and Muck Rack, is a plus
• Strong fit for our inclusive "No Jerks" SPM culture of respect and collaboration. Our DEI work at SPM is fundamental to our people-first culture. Read more on our "Who We Are" Page
To apply, please send resume and two writing samples to Ashley Lennington at firstname.lastname@example.org