Public relations strategist (Kansas City, Missouri)
We're looking to add to our Proventus Consulting division. The Public Relations Strategist plays an important role on the team — it is a client — facing role adn one that requires frequent interaction with members of the media. The PR Stragist is responsible for developing and executing on media relations and marketing strategies for our clients. The position requires the individual think both strategically and creatively to garner the best results possible and to ensure our clients are receiving the best outcomes. We're specifically interested in candidates with previous in-house law firm/legal marketing or PR experience — as this role works almost exclusively with law firm clients.
We're interested in candidates with a bachelor's degree in journalism, business, communications or marketing — graduate degree a plus. Minimum five years experience in corporate communications, journalism, public relations and/or business development fields.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead in the execution of client public relations and marketing strategies that: increase the visibility of our clients amont target audiences; strengthen their reputations in the industy; and create results that can be leveraged to support their business development efforts. In executing on this primary responsibility, the Public Relations Specialist is responsible for:
• Creating and maintaining editorial calendars that rack national legal and business media, as well as media of interest in the local markets where our clients have a presence
• Writing and distributing news releases and proactively engaging key media on behalf of clients
• Identifying and pursuing thought leadership opportunities for clients that may come in the form of contributing writing and speaking roles
• Serving as editor and ghostwriter on substantive legal issues and matters of interest to client target audiences
• Providing strategic guidance on identifying and engaging with media, analysts and influencers
• Monitoring, analyzing and communicating PR results on a regular basis
• Maintaining a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and making appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies
• Connecting with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about client news and other initiatives
• Collaborating with client stakeholders to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership material
• Educating and supporting clients regarding public relations strategy value and best practices
• Coordinating creation, production and distributing of a range of print and electronic materials, including marketing collateral, business development proposals, newsletters, e-alerts, invitations, etc.
• Assisting in the development and management of social media programs, including ad placement and management as well as content creation
• Leading efforts to coordinate national, regional and local nominations and awards for clients, including development and submission of nominations for law firms and their individual attorneys
• Assisting in the creation of industry ranking submissions, including researching, writing and editing pitches to encourage consideration of clients for inclusion in a variety of industry guides