Advising and Records Office Appointments:
If you are admitted to the School of Journalism, you can schedule an appointment with a journalism advisor online through Blackboard. Follow these steps:
1. Login to Blackboard
2. Select MySuccess from the menu on the left
3. You will see your personal MySuccess Network on your home page.
4. You can select any of the journalism advisors: Robert “Kevin” Lee, Dan McCarthy, or Kelli Nichols.
5. Select “See available appointments” to browse the selected advisor’s calendar.
6. Available times are noted with a green plus sign and the text “Sign up”.
7. Click on the “Sign up” text and complete the appointment form to request an appointment.
As a pre-journalism student or a journalism minor, you are welcome to meet with a journalism advisor by requesting an appointment through Outlook (instructions).
Journalism Career Center Appointments:
To make an appointment follow the reservation instructions.
Dole Media Lab Equipment & Editing Room Reservations:
Please see these pdf instructions for reserving Dole Media Lab Equipment & Editing rooms. If you have any questions, please contact Bryan Wilcox, Lab Manager, in 2069 Dole or contact him at or via email.
If reserving a camera overnight, you must pick up the camera near the end of the day. Overnight checkout requires your instructor's signature as well as the signature of Bryan Wilcox. Overnight forms are available in the checkout room.
The Media Lab is currently open:
- 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday
- 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Fridays
- Noon - 5:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday
Equipment reservations made outside of these times WILL NOT be honored without proper forms. Reservations made outside of these times WILL NOT be honored.
Please Note: In order to make appointments with the Advising and Records Office or the Career Center, and to check out equipment or reserve editing rooms in Dole, students must have their KU Online ID set up. All students receive a KU e-mail address of "email@example.com," which may be forwarded to a non-KU e-mail address (yahoo, gmail, mail…), however you must login to Outlook Web App (webmail) to make reservations. If you have any complications, you can contact the IT Customer Service Center at (785) 864-8080, or by e-mailing the IT Customer Service Center.