Sales support specialist (Overland Park, Kansas)
Spectrum Reach grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community, experts, and unforgettable creative.
National Sales Support Specialist plays a key role in translating customer advertising objectives into data driven and effective ad schedules. This role is integral in helping the sales team to maximize multiscreen solutions, which has a direct impact on our ability to deliver and exceed on client's marketing and advertising expectations. This position requires strong communication skills and strong attention to detail, in a fast-paced sales environment.
Major duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for account management for National Sales Manager and their respective markets which include building a client profile in CRM to inputting orders in Strata View 32, to working with Internal Spectrum departments to create schedules and book an order through the system.
• Proactively reviews client schedules/performance and provides recommendations for enhancements including adding autofill/UD as necessary (post campaign management)
• Manages linear and digital order processing through the affiliate site, including checking inventory availability and iterative development with Ampersand.
• Manages revisions through the affiliate site with proper communication to Ampersand.
• Monitors campaigns for any needed changes (and related make goods) by liaising with the National Sales Manager, Operations and Ampersand.
• Excercises judgment to manage make-goods and pre-emptions by providing options to Ampersand to ensure that all revenue is beling added back in as quickly as possible.
• Analyzes inventory reports to aid in the development of effective, executable proposals and works as a liaison between the Pricing and Planning Manager on high-profile programming avails.
• Works closely with pricing and inventory to ensure that all inventory is used effectively and priced appropriately.
• Investigates billing or copy issues as Tier 1 support for Ampersand, including reviewing unconfirmed status reports.
• Works on problems with moderate scope.
• Analyzes situations that require a review of variety of factors.
• Excercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions.
• Works with a moderate level of guidance and direction. Receives general instructions on routine work and details instructions on new assignments.
• Intermediate level proficiency in appropriate software applications or technology.
• Intermediate knowledge of related fields.
• Ability to muiltitask and prioritize workload based on sales team's needs and internal deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
• Knowledge of cable television, digital products, and advanced advertising products is a plus.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with overarching skills to translate datea, information, and research into powerful points of view. Ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
• Experience and strong knowledge of research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen, Strata, Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, eMarketer, and comScore are helpful.
• Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign developement, metrics, and optimization strategies.
• Ability to distinguish between clients' needs, for example, 'branding' campaigns VS 'call to action' and the difference between those schedules.
• Familiarity with writing rationales and/or agency POVs.
• Has a passion for marketing and advertising sales and will be closely aligned with other sales team members and cross-functional groups.
• Ability to back-up work and have good logic to creating schedules.
• Ability to line uip psychographics of client's customer with varioius cable network programming.
• Clear knowledge of media terms as well as media formulas and calculation; understanding of ratings estimates.
• Team-oriented and able to work with different personalities.
• Cooperative and helpful.
• Detail-oriented, analytical-minded and eager to learn.
• Able to adapt to change, multitask and prioritize tasks.
• Experience in computer software, including MS Office is required; experience with software similar to our sales support packages is preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Experience communicating and interacting with external clients.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience
Related work experience
Experience supporting a team of sales/advertising professionals preferred (3-plus years)
Previous experience in an advertising agency, media and/or advertising sales team preferred (3-plus years)
Submit resume and cover letter to Pat Miller, senior recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org