Senior traffic coordinator (Kansas City, Missouri)
A few things you should know before you join us.
We're passionate people. Passionate about work. Passionate about life. We can't help it. It's just the way we are.
Maybe it's because we're independent and employee-owned. Maybe it's because we hire outstanding people and then get out of their way.
Or maybe it's because we believe in the power of a great idea, and that great ideas can come from anyone.
Are you passionate about stuff done? If you love to-to-do lists, calendars and processes, then keep reading. We're looking for a super-organized, detail-driven individual to traffic a wide range of creative jobs and help keep teams on task. Must work collaboratively across internal and external client teams to inspire and facilitate superior work.
If that's you and want to join a fun, fast-paced, casual work environment filled with people who are great at their jobs and enjoy making every project better than the last, we should talk.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Working with project managers, coordinate the efficient flow of work produced by Direct Mail and Digital teams; focused on North America
• Provide expertise and guidance necessary to execute accurate and timely delivery of projects in all stages.
• Identify ways to improve processes and operate efficiently; work with internal team and client to provide opportunities for collaboration.
• Collaborate with the team and client to develop timelines for all projects; schedule meetings as needed for each project (kickoff calls, reviews, etc.)
• Attend weekly/daily meetings as needed with internal and client teams to stay informed and provide updates on all current projects and plan for future shifts in workload due to project lifecycles.
• Work closely with client's Traffic team to ensure all jobs are going through the client's process for review and approval. This includes Senior Management, Mechanicals and brand approvals from licensors.
• Lead weekly meetings/calls internally and with the client to keep everyone updated on the status of all projects.
• Responsible for ensuring jobs are opened in both FileMaker Pro (for the client's tracking purposes) and Basecamp (for internal team's workflow).
• Track workload, number of jobs, time worked on projects and changes that impact scope of work.
• Travel to the client's office in Topeka office as needed.
• Foster communications directly with client to build relationships, encouraging free discussion of any schedule or scope-related issues.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience required
• 3 or more years experience in an advertising/marketing environment
• Excellent organization skills
• Proficient multitasker
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Reliable and detail oriented
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Filemaker Pro, Basecamp)
• Good proofreading skills
• Project management background helpful