Social media coordinator (Kansas City, Kansas)
- Responsible for all social networking – Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, and others.
- Develop opportunities to market to fans via social avenues
- Track ROI for all opportunities
- Make sure all partner contractual obligations are met
- Recommend new avenues for social networking and stay current on trends, changes in space
- Monitor platforms
- Serve as community manager for all platforms
- Create monthly, yearly and race specific reports of social networking campaigns
- Implement a calendar tracking all social networking, ensuring it aligns with KSC’s overall marketing calendar
- Liaise with internal stakeholders for social networking messaging
- Liaise with sister tracks to ensure best practices are being used, along with assisting in promotion of sister tracks
- Liaise with Social Media Agency
Assist with lead generation through technology driven initiatives
Work with internal systems to ensure appropriate messaging is being relayed to fans
Assist with media events
Work race events at Kansas Speedway assisting with public relations related activities
Extended weekday and weekend hours to assist with social media efforts, public relations event and consumer marketing/ticket sales events
Assist Digital Content Editor with website and mobile app updates
Assist with weekly media notes, along with additional writing opportunities as assigned by the Director of Public Relations
Other duties as assigned by Director of Public Relations
- 1-2 years of experience in public relations, social media or consumer marketing role, preferably with a sports team or facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on analysis and reporting, and the ability to effectively present information.
- Experience managing projects through the creative process.
- Innovative thinker with a high integrity and confidentiality.
- Self-starter, dependable, strong people skills.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company, Vision, Mission and Values.
The work environment characteristics described within the position description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.