Are you passionate about sports? Do you love to talk sports with friends and fans and put your thoughts down in writing?
SPORTalk is the premier social media platform for talking about your favorite professional and college sports. Every day, fans around the country connect on SPORTalk, discussing games, trades, rumors, league buzz, and so much more.
We are currently seeking Sports Writers / Bloggers to cover one or more of the teams from the following leagues: NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and Division I College Football and Men's Basketball.
This position will offer you the opportunity to build your resume with a sports journalism role and also:
- Gain skills and experience in a variety of areas, including social media and sports marketing
- Be part of a network of like-minded professionals across North America
- Enjoy flexibility in terms of hours and location (work from home/school)
Your responsibility is to write and publish to the Blog section of the SPORTalk Platform at least 5 original blog posts per week covering your team. Your articles should be engaging and opinionated. You will also have access to the official SPORTalk Twitter account that covers your team, which you will use to broadcast your blog post to an extended dedicated fan base active on Twitter.
We are committed to ensuring that the internship is challenging, informative and educational. Upon successful completion of the internship, you may include SPORTalk on your resume and as a reference for any future job. This is a non-paying internship.
To Learn More About SPORTalk
- A good communicator and an avid sports fan who is knowledgeable about the team/s you are covering and regularly watch / follows their games
- Active in sports content creation and sharing across blogs and/or social networks
Minimum commitment is 12 weeks. If you consistently meet and exceed expectations for the internship, you will be invited to video conference calls where we will discuss additional exciting opportunities to get involved with SPORTalk as a Sports Editor covering multiple teams or leagues.
Apply now to become a SPORTalk Sports Writer / Blogger. We look forward to reviewing your application!