Spring social media/entrepreneurship intern
Our Kansas City startup is seeking a Social Media/Entrepreneurship intern to start in early June.
This is an unpaid internship, and applicants must have documentation showing they will be receiving academic credit for their time.
Interns must be respectful, but assertive enough to find answers independently.
As you work with our team, you will get an authentic glimpse at what the "everyday entrepreneur" experiences as they bootstrap, network, seek investor funds, and try to wear every hat possible. We'll discuss the startup journey thus far (intellectual property protection, selecting vendors, designing presentations, budgeting), and you'll be a part of the team as we prep for startup competitions, evaluate accelerators, work with an app developer, refine our marketing strategy, and redesign the app (anticipated before fall).
Your activities will include:
• Pricing for various marketing platforms, per our goals and demographics (document costs for YouTube vs. Facebook vs. billboards, etc.)
• Standard conversion rates for each medium
• Approval to post signs at certain locations
• Suggestions of additional marketing avenues to best reach our target demographic
• Formal oral presentation and printed documentation of your findings. We'll go over best practices for PowerPoint presentations as you work through this
• Identification of industry experts (bloggers, etc.)
Printing marketing materials and responding to survey participants
Analyzing survey data
Presenting social media posts for more regular updates
• Experience with social media management tools like snip.ly is helpful
Please note, while graphic design skills are a plus, this position is not heavily geared toward design and ad creation, but rather facilitating the awareness of our company's voice and services.
We will meet for at least 1-2 hours each week, and you will also be invited to join us on many networking meetings and events. E-mail correspondence will be ongoing throughout the week. We are somewhat flexible, so we can work with your school schedule.
If interested, please contact:
The Agreeable Company, LLC