Student assistant (Lawrence, Kansas)
Reports to: Assistant Communications Director
Appointment: One academic semester with supervisor option to extend
Part-time: Up to 30 hours a week
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Responsible for assisting with various duties, which includes writing stories, answering inquiries, and performing various tasks during sporting events.
Duties and responsibilities of all positions at Kansas Athletics
1. Adhere to University, Big 12 Conference, Kansas Athletics and NCAA policies and procedures
2. Maintain knowledge of departmental activities, sports schedules and procedures
3. Foster cooperative working relationships with fellow staff members within the department
4. Support the athletics department goals and philosophies as described by the Director of Athletics
5. Maintain a positive attitude toward performing job duties and in working with other staff members
6. Exhibit professional decorum at all times while representing Kansas Athletics
Responsibilities for this position
1. Assist with day-to-day operations of the media relations office, inciuding archiving articles, writing game program stories, and answering fan and media inquiries.
2. Assist with game-day operations and performs a variety of tasks for football and men's and women's basketball and Olympic sports as deemed necessary by supervisors.
Full-time student status at the University of Kansas. Experience with desktop publishing. General working knowledge of computer applications. Able to work games during football and men's and women's basketball.
Additional information: Position is non-paid the first semester. Class credit available.
Submit resume to Andy Eisch, Assistant Communications Director, at email@example.com