Student intern (Overland Park, Kansas)
Angel Capital Association (ACA) is looking for a student intern to support communications and data activities during the summer of 2017 with the potential for hours in the fall. The PAID internship will be for up to 30 hours per week, with adjustments made for academic schedule and student study requirements.
• Update membership organization's contact database
• Contact members to increase database
• Assist with social media efforts
• Research potential new members and enter data
• Develop access to online updates on members for member news, social media, and other updates
• Update and help to maintain angel group investment activity database
• Locate interesting company exits and capital investments for inclusion on ACA website
• Assist in communications with association members and public, including content for ACA website
• Assist with annual Leadership Workshop (Irvine, Oct. 30-31) and other events as needed
• Research and other projects as needed
The internship requires proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with an ability to work with databases and spreadsheets. In addition, ACA prefers strong writing skills and creativity. ACA has a preference for students in marketing, journalism, communications, business or similar fields, undergraduate or graduate schools.
Most of the activities will be completed at ACA's office, 10977 Granada Lane, Suite 103, Overland Park, KS 66211. The Executive Director may approve some projects done from home or other remote locations at her discretion.
Known as the voice of the angel investors, ACA offers professional development, public policy advocacy and significant benefits and resources to its membership of more than 13,000 accredited investors, who invest individually or through 240 angel groups, accredited platforms and family offices. Since its founding in 2005, ACA has built the world's largest collective of angels across North America, and aligns like-minded angels to build their early-state investment skills and share innovative ideas and practices. The ideal intern candidate is interested in hands-on experience working in a small business setting with a North American-wide client base. More information is available at www.angelcapitalassociation.org or 913.894.4700 @ACAAAngelCapital