Student trainee - communications (Burlington, Kansas)
This position offers hands-on work experience in Wolf Creek's Communications organization. This internship will begin in May 2017 and will continue through the summer of 2017.
• Conduct interviews, write stories and create page layouts for internal company newsletters
• Create graphics for internal television networks as a communication channel.
• Assist in managing social media channels.
• Assist in planning major community event, which includes arranging for monetary and in-kind donations, creating publicity for a variety of media and channels, and assisting with event logistics.
• Assist in video planning, script writing and editing.
• Provide general assistance on departmental tasks.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
• Identify and implement methods for streamlining work activities.
This position requires a high school diploma (or GED equivalent) and enrolled full-time as second, third or fourth-year student or as a graduate student in a university pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, strategic communications, advertising, marketing, public relations or related field. Must have completed at least 60 hours of coursework to be qualified and have completed some upper-level courses.
Strong problem solving, and computer skills using Adobe suite of products needed.
This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
This position required good oral and written communication skills.
This position requires a satisfactory work record, including good attendance.
The work schedule is based on student availability not to exceed 40 hours in a work week.
Deadline to submit resumes is May 1, 2017