Summer internship (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA Today at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
About the job
USA TODAY is in search of a talented college student looking for an enriching paid internship. Come join USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Inc., a Fortune 500 global digital media company, for our summer 2017 intern program. As part of the USA TODAY team, you will develop, integrate and apply skill sets and experiences in support of our newsroom team. The purpose of the internship experience is to provide opportunities where college (undergrad and grad) students can develop, grow and become the next generation of talent for USA TODAY. This program offers mentoring from those at the top of their game, networking and real-world experience in a fun, entrepreneurial atmosphere. As part of our team, you will work on meaningful and impactful projects, as well as enjoy peer-to-peer engagement while working on activities that promote professional development supplemental to the job. Come join us!
• USA TODAY newsroom interns will work with breaking news, features and enterprise content teams to learn and sharpen basic and advanced journalism skills, handling reporting, writing, editing, copy desk work, online production assignments, research, database work, investigative work and visual journalism.
• Interns will learn forms of alternative story-telling in 24/7 deadline-driven newsroom
• Interns will work independently and collaboratively across teams to provide perspectives and insights for newsroom and companywide projects identified by senior leadership as part of strategic growth initiatives. Critical thinking and analytical skills will be encouraged and sharpened.
• Interns will participate in daily news meetings, where they'll learn about how news developments take shape.
• Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university with a GPA of at least 3.0
• Well organized, detail oriented, adaptable and flexible
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous internship experience. Access to published writing clips, design portfolio and video footage required as part of application assessment for all newsroom internship roles.