Choose your path
Our J-School’s graduate programs offer students the opportunity to study cutting-edge media and its uses in today’s world, while giving you the tools to advance your skills and operate the highest levels of your chosen industry.
- Study in a program that extends fundamental journalism skills into advanced intellectual expertise in a specialized area of interest
- Gain professional experience that will allow you to operate in the highest levels of the industries we prepare our students to work in
- Follow a scholarly track that provides a focus on academic research
- Seek leadership and entrepreneurship skills
- Study to advance to our doctoral program or executive positions in media industries
The School of Journalism offers the opportunity to specialize in a variety of areas of expertise, including:
- Sports media marketing
- Health science communications
- Digital media entrepreneurship/ leadership management
- Master of Science/ Juris Doctor (MSJD) and more
Our graduates land jobs with brand leaders around the world.
You'll find Jayhawks:
- Analyzing ad operations for Facebook
- Creating marketing campaigns for Nike
- Blogging for ESPN
- Producing programs at VH1
- Writing for USA Today
- Covering NBA, NFL, and MLB games
- Managing news operations at CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox
- Designing layouts for Shape magazine
- Marketing planning for Hollywood celebrities
What will your job prospects look like after completing our program?
81% of KU J-School students leave our program and put their advanced skills to work in a media career within six months of graduation.
— University of Georgia College of Journalism Study